Students who are already at Notre Dame High School will be considered first for transition to Year 12 at Notre Dame High School. They will apply using the school’s internal application procedure.
Students in diocesan secondary schools and Catholics from other secondary schools will have priority consideration.
There will be a minimum of 75 places available for new students entering the school at Year 12.
Link to Notre Dame High School Sixth Form Admission arrangements 2013-2014
Most students from other schools will apply online using UCAS Apply , see your Connexions Advisors. Any student who requires a paper based copy of the common application form please contact the sixth form office at Notre Dame or follow this link to print your own copy.
Please note that you should not apply before the final option blocks are available at the end of November. Final option blocks will appear on this site as soon as they are available, click here.
• Statements of the full range of whole school policies are available in the Main School Prospectus.
• The Headteacher is always prepared to meet with parents to discuss whole school policies. Any parent, who still has a concern following a meeting with the Headteacher, should contact the chair of governors or any member of the governing body through the Clerk who is based at the School.
• The information contained within, is correct at the time of publication. However, it should not be assumed that there will be no subsequent changes affecting this information before the start of the academic year 2013/2014.
Entry Requirements for Courses
The minimum entry requirement for Advanced AS level courses is 5 GCSE A*-C grades or above, including Mathematics. Students who do not have a grade C or above in Mathematics and English Language attend a re-sit course in one of the option blocks. Please note the subject specific entry requirements in the subject information booklet. Progression into Year 13 will require students to:
• Gain D or above grades in their Year 12 AS examinations. (Progression on E grade will be at subject teachers’ discretion)
• Attend Year 13 lessons in the June/July of Year 12.
• Maintain a high level of attendance to help ensure success in examinations.
Sixth Form Application (pdf)
Guidance Booklet (pdf)