|General Sixth Form Information|
We offer the ideal preparation for life beyond the Sixth Form, through the perfect combination of highly skilled and experienced teachers, exceptional teaching facilities, beautiful grounds and a strong Christian focus of respect, care and encouragement, for every individual to fulfil their God given potential.
Our Sixth Form benefits from our Teaching School status, because our teachers are involved in cutting edge research and training. ‘Teaching and learning are excellent’ OFSTED
- Highest ever pass rate 99.5%
- 22.6% achieved AAB or better (Independent sector 23.1 and national 8.4%)
- We are the top performing sixth form school in the city for total average points per student
for the last six years
We work with business and industry to help ensure our young people are well prepared for future employment. We are currently working with the British Glass Confederation.
We have excellent facilities and beautiful grounds.
- Oakbrook House our Sixth Form centre, with our Sixth Form common room and its snack bar
- Environmental Learning Centre with its access to Oakbrook wood for environmental studies
- City Learning Centre, with our Cyber Cafe, Lecture room and Sports Gym
- Fully re-furbished main school classrooms
- Open Learning Centre with its Library and IT facilities including a dedicated study area for Sixth Form students
- 13 fully re-furbished Science Labs
- The recently opened St Julie’s centre with its state of the art classrooms and school restaurant
Sixth Form students enjoy participation and success in national sporting competitions.
Sixth Form students have had the opportunity to join trips abroad, such as subject related visits to Paris, Madrid and Iceland or Global Challenge expeditions to Vietnam and Bolivia.
We provide excellent opportunities for personal development, for example in our extremely successful Duke of Edinburgh and Sixth Form ‘Community Ethos Service’ programmes.